The Future of AI in Retail – AI in Retail Summit 2019 Panel
Etc. Venues (London, United Kingdom). The Future of AI in Retail. In this panel, we explored the impact of artificial intelligence on the retail landscape. We look at AI from the perspective of people to understand how to leverage intelligence to improve the experience at 360 degrees.
Some of the questions we explored during the session are:
- From current work and advancements in the field, what areas do you feel will progress the most with the application of AI?
- Why is this and what can we expect as a result of that?
- How is the business model in retail is evolving, and what is the role of AI in this process?
- With regards to company structures, what changes can we expect to see in regards to team developments to account for the adaption to new technology?
- What is needed to get to this stage?
- Where does the movement need to come from?
- What is currently stopping the progress?
- How do we overcome these barriers?
- What area will AI have the biggest impact on?
- Demand forecasting, supply chain planning, customer engagement or something else?
- What should retail companies be focusing on now, in the next 2 years and the next 5 years?
- How can AI help