Course Language: Italian.
The course, as part of a postgraduate program, will introduce the importance of doing and being Agile, the key aspects of value-driven development, adaptive planning techniques, and how to be collaborative with customers, clients, and teams. Learn how the application of Agile values and principles successfully requires a shift in culture, mindset, and behaviors.
Through immersive workshop activities the student will acquire fundamental, and yet practical knowledge, to help him to start an Agile journey. The student will be introduced to several different Agile methodologies and be better equipped to determine what will work best for your team.
What you’ll learn:
- Apply the values and principles of the Agile Model of product development.
- Compare and contrast the most popular Agile approaches, including Scrum and Kanban.
- Recognize the cultural and mindset challenges to being fully successful with Agile.
- Create an obstinate focus on the delivery of customer value.
- Grow self-organising teams that deliver quality-assured, business-valued product frequently.
Hand-On activities will include:
- Identifying barriers to Agile adoption.
- Map changing roles and responsibilities in an Agile adoption.
- Envisioning a product.
- Prioritizing features by value.
- Providing a critique of user stories.
- Estimating story size using relative estimation units (story points).
- Participating in a retrospective workshop.
Name: Agile Methodologies
Univeristy: University of Pisa
Depart.: Computer Science
Quarter: Fall 2014, Spring 2015