Pro iOS Design
A must-read book to become a complete iOS design and developer.
– Safari Books Magazine
With Pro iOS Web Design and Development, you’ll design websites and develop web applications for iPhone and iPad using web standards deployed with Apple’s Safari browser.
Pro iPhone and iPad Web Design and Development will help you deliver rich mobile user experiences without compromise by optimising your sites for WebKit and Safari, the de facto standard for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
What you’ll learn:
- Design an optimal website for the iPhone, iPad, and/or iPod touch.
- Use web standards to develop professional sites on Apple’s key platforms.
- Take advantage of Apple’s multi-touch screen technology in your Web apps.
- Usability testing for mobile websites and Web apps.
- Maximise Web Standards for Apple’s Mobile Safari and why this is important for Web developers and designers.
Who this book is for:
Web Designers who are interested in Mobile Web Design and/or Mobile Web Development.
Desktop Developers who are interested in Mobile Web Application Development.
Any Web professional who wants to learn how to design and develop for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Table of Contents
01. Think Touch Mobile
02. Design Touch Mobile
03. Develop Touch Mobile
04. User Interface Design for Mobile Touch Devices
05. iPhone UI Design: Think Simple
06. iPad UI Design: Think Inverted
07. Web Standards for WebKit—Maximizing MobileSafari
08. Creating WebApps—Mobile Application Development
09. Working in Apple’s Native Mobile Environments
10. Optimizing WebApps
11. Testing iPhone and iPad WebApps
12. Maximising the Market for WebApps
13. Looking Beyond the Mobile Web to Ubiquitous Computing
Author: Andrea Picchi